Associate Professor, Ph.D.
College of Information Science and Technology,
Beijing University of Chemical Technology
Beijing 100029, China
Address: Room 410, 15 Third North Ring Road,
Chaoyang District, Beijing 100029, China
2017.01-2017.12 Boston University Visiting Scholar in Center for Polymer Studies
2015.12-2017.01 Massachusetts Institute of Technology Visiting Student in Civil & Environmental Engr.
2013.09-2018.06 Beijing Normal University Ph.D. Candidate in Systems Science
2009.09-2013.06 University of Electronic Science and Technology of China Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering
Urban Modelling and Urban Computation
1. Ruiqi Li, Lei Dong, Jiang Zhang*, Xinran Wang, Wenxu Wang*, Zengru Di, H. Eugene Stanley*. Simple spatial scaling rules behind complex cities. Nature Communications (SCI Top Journal, IF 13.691), 2017, 8: 1841, doi:10.1038/s41467-017-01882-w.
2. Lei Dong, Ruiqi Li*, Jiang Zhang*, Zengru Di. Population-weighted efficiency in transportation networks. Scientific Reports (SCI, IF 4.847), 2016, 6: 26377.
3. Ruiqi Li, Lei Dong, Xinran Wang, Jiang Zhang*. Geometric origins of the Complex Cities. Proceedings of ECCS 2014 (CPCI-S), 2016, Chapter 5: 45-57.
4. Yanyan Xu*, Ruiqi Li, Shan Jiang, Jiang Zhang, Marta C. Gonzalez. Clearer skies in Beijing - revealing the impacts of traffic on the predictability of air quality. Transportation Research Board (TRB) 96th Annual Meeting, 2017, 17-05211.
5. Yanyan Xu, Shan Jiang, Ruiqi Li, Jiang Zhang, Jinhua Zhao, Soﬁane Abbark, Marta C. Gonzalez. Unraveling Environmental Justice in Ambient PM2.5 Exposure in Beijing: A Big Data Approach. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems (SSCI), 2019, 75: 12-21.
6. Manuel A. Florez, Shan Jiang, Ruiqi Li, Carlos H. Mojica, Ramiro A. Rios, Marta C. Gonzalez*. Measuring the impacts of economic well-being in commuting networks—a case study of Bogota, Colombia. Transportation Research Board (TRB) 96th Annual Meeting, 2017, 17-03745.
Epidemic Spreading dynamics
1. Ruiqi Li, Ming Tang*, Hui Pak-Ming. Epidemic spreading on multi-relational networks. Acta Physica Sinica (SCI), 2013, 62(16): 168903. DOI: 10.7498/aps.62.168903 [in Chinese]
[李睿琪, 唐明*, 许伯铭. 多关系网络上的流行病传播动力学研究. 物理学报 (SCI), 2013, 62(16): 168903.]
2. Ruiqi Li*, Wenxu Wang, Zengru Di*. Effects of human dynamics on epidemic spreading in Cote d'Ivoire. Physica A-Statistical Mechanics and its Applications (SCI), 2017, 467: 30-40
3. Ruiqi Li, Peter Richmond, Bertrand M. Roehner*. Effect of population density on epidemics. Physica A-Statistical Mechanics and its Applications (SCI), 2018, 510: 713-724
4. Ruiqi Li, Wei Wang, Hui Yang, Panpan Shu, Liming Pan, Aixiang Cui, Ming Tang*. Review of Analytical Methods about Threshold in Epidemic Spreading in Complex Networks. Complex Systems and Complex Science (EI & CSCD), 2016, 13(1): 1-39. DOI: 10.13306/j.1672-3813.2016.01.001 [in Chinese]
[李睿琪, 王伟, 杨慧, 舒盼盼, 潘黎明, 崔爱香, 唐明*. 复杂网络上流行病传播动力学的爆发阈值解析综述. 复杂系统与复杂性科学 (EI & CSCD), 2016, 13(1): 1-39.]
5. Lei Gao, Ruiqi Li, Wei Wang*, Panpan Shu, Hui Gao*, Shimin Cai. Eﬀects of individual popularity on information spreading on complex networks. Physica A-Statistical Mechanics and its Applications (SCI), 2018, 489: 32-39
Venture-Capital Firms Network Analysis
1. Jarder Luo*, Ruiqi Li, Fangda Fan, Jie Tang. Repeated Cooperation Matters — An Analysis of Syndication in the Chinese VC Industry by ERGM Model. Chapter 7 of Social Network Analysis: Interdisciplinary Approaches and Case Studies, CRC Press, 2017, p177-p193.
1. Hongmei Lei, Ying Chen, Ruiqi Li, Deli He, Jiang Zhang. Maximum Entropy for the International Division of Labor. PLoS One (SCI), 2015, 10(7), e0129955. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0129955.
2. Fei Zhao, Tao Zhou, Liang Zhang, Minghui Ma, Jinhu Liu, Fei Yu, Yilong Zha, Ruiqi Li. Research Progress on Wikipedia. Journal of UESTC (EI), 2010, 39(3).
Mansueto Institute Workshop on (Hong Kong, China, 2019) Fusing urban computation and modeling: From human interactions to
Cities and Urbanization in China transportation efficiency and urban evolution
4th Annual meeting of Complexity (Dalian, China, 2018) [Plenary] Simple Spatial Scaling Rules behind Complex Cities
Science of China
Tencent Institute & Swarma Club (Beijing, China, 2018) Growth and Design – Urban studies from a systems science perspective
Video link: https://campus.swarma.org/gpac=395 [in Chinese][生长与设计 – 复杂性视角下的智慧城市]
Wuhan University (Wuhan, China, 2018) Simple Spatial Scaling Rules behind Complex Cities
CCS2019 (Singapore, 2019) Folding cities
CNA2018 (Cambridge, UK, 2018) Simple Spatial Scaling Rules behind Complex Cities
KSS2018 (Tokyo, Japan, 2018) Simple Spatial Scaling Rules behind Complex Cities
CCS2018 (Thessaloniki, Greece, 2018) [Plenary Session – Lightning Talk] Simple Spatial Scaling Rules behind Complex Cities
Video link: https://youtu.be/qcfM96JM0vw
NetSci2018 (NetONet, Paris, France, 2018) Simple Spatial Scaling Rules behind Complex Cities
NetSciX18 (Hangzhou, China, 2018) Measuring Population-weighted Efficiency in Road Networks with Cell Phone Data
Statphys26 (Lyon, France, 2016) Spatial Scalings in cities: a united model
CNSNS12 (Xi’an, China, 2016) Revealing investment performance of VCs in China from network position evolution
ECCS14 (CitiNet14, Lucca, Italy, 2014) Simple Rules Yield Complex Cities
Statphys25 (Seoul, Korea, 2013) Epidemic spreading on multi-relational networks
CCCN13 (Hangzhou, China, 2013) Epidemic Spreading in Cote d’Ivoire with the effects of human mobility
CCCN12 (Nanjing, China, 2012) Epidemic spreading on multi-relational networks
CCCN12 (Nanjing, China, 2012) Review of Analytical Methods about Threshold in Epidemic Spreading in Complex Networks
National Natural Science Foundation of China Project, “The research on the impacts of the coherent evolution of multi-city systems on scaling heterogeneity”, Grant Number: 61903020 (PI)
BUCT Talent Start-up Project, "Research on growth and co-evolution of multi-city systems", Grant No.: BUCTRC201825 (PI)
STL Faculty Seed Fund, “Mining Big Data to Link Affordable Housing Policy with Traffic Congestion Mitigation in Beijing, China”, $150,000, 2015.09-2017.09 (https://stl.mit.edu/project/mining-big-data-link-affordable-housing-policy-traffic-congestion-mitigation-beijing-china)
National Natural Science Foundation of China Project, “Influence of the world's population migration in an open environment on China”, Grant Number: 71701018
National Natural Science Foundation of China Project, “Analysis of Collective Attention Flow on Web”, Grant Number: 61673070
PC Member: CCS(Conference on Complex Systems), Singapore, Sep. 30th - Oct. 4th, 2019